Crossroads Bible College is passionate about engaging the political, cultural, and racial tensions within our community. We are putting feet to our passion by inviting the community to join a community forum at Crossroads with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) to discuss what citizens can do to enhance the quality of life within our communities.
Building Trust, Enhancing Justice, Creating Safety
CBC believes that God has ordained government to protect and serve law-abiding citizens and to bring justice to those who rebel against legal authority (Romans 13:1-7). Yet our country has great distrust in government and law enforcement. Our CBC/IMPD Forum is designed to address the question:
- “What can we do to build trust, enhance justice, and create safety in our communities?”
We seek to facilitate a conversation that leads toward solutions. We pray for a healthy engagement of law enforcement personnel and community members leading to understanding that clarifies paths toward a safer community.
Your Personal Invitation to Join Us
Our Community Forum is part of the Crossroads course, Culture, Race, and the Church, which I co-teach with Professor Hosea Baxter. I want to personally invite you to attend. Here are the details:
- Cost: Free
- Date/Time: Monday, November 14, 2016, from 7:00-8:30 PM
- Location: Indianapolis campus of Crossroads Bible College at 601 N. Shortridge Road, Indianapolis, IN, 46219, in the school Chapel
- For More Information: Call 317-789-8271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Vital Questions for Healthy Communication
In addition to taking questions from the audience, our time together will include interactions about vital questions such as:
- Why is the IMPD community partnership important?
- How can this partnership aid the public in developing a more positive view of IMPD officers?
- If citizens have concerns about law enforcement activity in their community, who can they call?
- Can you identify some of the most beneficial ways the community can assist IMPD with community policing?
- How can the community become more informed and attend the IMPD data meetings? What is the benefit to the community by attending the data meetings?
- What process does IMPD undertake when a complaint is filed against an officer?
- Is it possible for citizens to participate in IMPD ride-a-longs? If so, how could they sign up?